In this Podcast we dive deep into the whole complex of the contemporary history and current situation in Brasil. We publish a long conversation with two Brazilian immigrants recorded in Lisbon in Dezember 2019.
N. is a 19 year old transsexual, who left Brazil as fast as possible because of violence and discrimination against trans people. After getting himself sorted in his new surrounding he connected fast to the
queer and anarchist movement.
V. is a long time militant and organized anarchist. His dream is to work as a teacher, but this perspective is blocked for him in Brazil, because of his political past, activities and ideas. Furthermore he is facing possible high charges for his involvement in the 2013 uprisings.
The podcast is split into two parts. To make it more accessible for people not willing to listen the full length we publish some timestamps here.
Length: 1:53 h
You can find other English and Spanish language audios here.
Among our last audios you can find:
* The first part of a long conversation about Brazil and exile with two Brazilian activists living in Portugal
* A call for a Week of Solidarity with the Political Prisoners of the revolt in Chile: 13.-19.1.2020
* A feature about the first anniversary of the Yellow Vest Movement in France, from the perspective of Toulouse
* A series of audios from the social revolt in Chile
* An interview about the Brexit from an anarchist perspective and the situation in Great Britain
* An interview about the Balkan Anarchist Bookfair 2018 in Novi Sad, Serbia
* An interview on the International Week of Solidarity with Anarchist Prisoners 2018
Enjoy! And please feel free to share!
ps.: We are now on Twitter! Please feel welcome to follow us at @aradio_berlin!
ps2.: Please note: We are always looking for people willing to lend us a hand with transcriptions and translations from Spanish or German into English as well as people able to do voice recordings – in order to amplify our international radio work. You can contact us at aradio-berlin/at/riseup(dot)net!