You can find episode number 33 (04/2020) of international news show “B(A)D NEWS – Angry voices from around the world” at A-Radio Berlin’s new website or on the website of the International Network of Anarchist and Antiauthoritarian Radio Projects. „B(A)D NEWS – Angry voices from around the world“ is a monthly news program from the international network, consisting of short news segments from different parts of the world.
As an international network of radio projects, we believe in the importance of international solidarity. And we also recognize the importance and the need to create and disseminate our own media and counterinformation.
1. Črna Luknja sharing a thought on how does corona virus influence our society and thoughts on how to intervene politically in state of emergency – from Federation for Anarchist Organizing from Slovenia and part of Croatia.
2. 105fm (Mytilene, Lesvos) for the general situation in Lesvos, situation in Moria camp and hunger strike in Moria’s prison.
3. The Final Straw Radio sharing a short description of recent covid-19 subjects in the US and some commentary by anarchist prisoner Sean Swain on how to make it through isolation more safely.
4. R.O.S.E. (Athens) with updates and news from Athens.
5. A-Radio Berlin on a commentary about the global situation these days.
6. Free Social Radio 1431AM (Thessaloniki)
* about the cut of power supply in BIO.ME. (an occupied and self-organized factory in Thessaloniki)
* movements and struggles in prisons during the quarantine and corona-virus.
* repression in so-called Greece during the quarantine and corona-virus.
* arrests of Kurdish and Turkish comrades in Athens.
* evictions of migrant’s “home” squats.
7. Dissident Island (London) focuses on issues around housing in the UK, discussing moves the state has made to protect landlords, the lip service paid to renters and homeless folk, and the self-organised solutions that are emerging through rent strike and mutual aid groups.
8. Frequenz A with an interview with somebody of the anarchist network Dresden (germoney) about their initiative in their neighborhood during the covid-19 crisis.
9. Radio Fragmata (Athens) with an introduction on the socio-political situation and struggles in greek territory.
We hope, with this effort, to reach out to other anarchist and antiauthoritarian projects, groups and individuals, and to strengthen our connections and our struggles in sharing our stories.
Although this program is in English, we recognize that even this ‚international‘ language can be alienating to some and we want to encourage others to create and share similar content in their own languages.
We want to hear the Bad News first!
Length: 1:19 h
Enjoy! And please feel free to share!
ps1.: We are on Twitter and Mastodon! Please feel welcome to follow us at @aradio_berlin!
ps2.: Please note: We are always looking for people willing to lend us a hand with transcriptions and translations from Spanish or German into English as well as people able to do voice recordings – in order to amplify our international radio work. You can contact us at aradio-berlin/at/riseup(dot)net!