From The Final Straw
690 days. That is how long the tree sit on Yellow Finch lane has been standing to block the progress of the Mountain Valley Pipeline’s proposed 301 mile corridor of pressurized, fracked liquefied natural gas.
This week, we speak with Dustie Pinesap and Woodchipper who are at the Yellow Finch Tree Sit in so-called Montgomery County, Virginia, who talk about the MVP, the recently-cancelled Atlantic Coast Pipeline, resistance during the pandemic, solidarity with the uprising against capitalism and white supremacist policing and a whole lot more.
Appalachians Against Pipelines:
- Fundraising: https://bit.ly/SupportMVPResistance
- Email: [email protected]
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/AppalachiansAgainstPipelines
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/StopTheMVP
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/appalachiansagainstpipelines
#DefundAVLPD protest Tuesday
If you’re in the Asheville area this week, city council will be conducting a hotly contested vote on the police and other budgets Tuesday, July 28th. According to the instagram account, @DefundAVLPD, there will be a rally that could turn protest starting at 5pm in front of Asheville city hall at 70 Court Plaza in downtown.
Phone Zap for Hunger Striking AL Prisoners
Anarchist prisoner Michael Kimble and fellow prisoner Brandon Oden began a hungry strike from all food other than water to protest the following:
the inept mishandling of the covid-19 crisis at Easterling Correction Facility
- a lack of outside exercise time
- a lack of access to law library
- a lack of access to immune building foods and fruits
- a lack of clean and fresh water
- a refusal by administration to release all vulnerable prisoners being held at Easterling
- a lack of proper testing and quarantining
Kimble and Oden are asking that everyone call and fax the Governor and Commissioner to demand that they seriously address and correct these problems.
GOV KAY IVEY (334) 242-7100 fax (334) 353-0004
Commissioner Jeff Dun (334) 353-3883 Fax 3343533967